Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Being Nerdy - Source reccomendation to all of youse



Looks nice, eh? Not only that, it PROVES...er, HELPS the validity of my research topic. I need data that is measurable, and that concentrically-moulded pear has lifted my hopes. (Come on, Ms Zhang...you can't stop me now...I've written half the introduction already...Anthony Warlow fan to Anthony Warlow fan? :3 )

My Dad keeps bugging me to ask the school library to subscribe to New Scientist. The stuff they discover is brilliant. I may not always understand the jargon, but I like New Scientist anyway. Especially articles on the animal/human psyche. :D

I remember reading this article a while ago: http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg14119184.300-still-life-in-mouldy-bread-two-biologists-studying-a-bread-mould-from-a-small-town-in-texas-discovered-clues-to-the-evolution-of-modern-life-from-its-most-primitive-beginnings.html

It provides the vague connection between mould and other organisms I need to justify my experiment! Muahahaha!!!

Seriously. If you need a non-internet source, check out New Scientist. Do it. Right now. It makes you feel so, so amazingly nerdy. XD

Anthony Warlow remains the fine Captain of the Pinafore. There are still no turtles.

3 comments:

  1. ah, the New Scientist... eheheh.....
    yeh, i didnt comment on your blog before because i didnt know how to comment...... :/
    but yeh. whatever.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wodner what happened to Ye Olde Fcientift? O_o

    Taylor didn;t come on Friday... :(

    You know I spent a Drama double teaching one of the groups to fake a kiss on stage? I demonstrated and they all went into shock because they actually thought I'd kissed the actor FOR REAL! But it was completely fake! See? This is why you should take Drama! My technique is MAGIC!

    Wait a minute.

    You're still on Duke of Ed.

    So why am I replying to your comment??

    Two days till Europe! Chahchahcahhhhh... XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm... a few issues with your blog- I haven't actually worked out exactly what you are planning to do. Something to do with moulding bread... but how are you planning to MEASURE the mould... or whatever it is you are planning to examine about them? Do you have access to a microscope? (remember the thing about not being able to borrow school equipment?)

    New Scientist actually isn't as good as you'd imagine it. It's a bit too scientific for the general public... and not scientific enough for the academics- I guess it's more tailored towards people who like science, understand it, but don't work in that particular field?

    Have you tried Science Daily?

    http://www.sciencedaily.com

    AMAZING site... totally. And completely free! :D

    ReplyDelete