Monday, May 10, 2010

Cheese

I threw out the bakery cheese. The smell got to me.

I've dug a pair of tweezers into Danish blue cheese, and pressed what I removed into a slice of bread. My research just says, "At some point, the mold population on the cheese grows to a point where there is nowhere for new spores to latch on to both food and oxygen; the aging process slows to a stop," so I assume they just package and sell. I'm not sure how reliable a website such as this is, though: http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5270633_cheese-mold-growing-process.html

I've also found some black tomato mould, which Mum says started off as white-green (in her wisdom as a family cook... O_o). It didn't look like normal 'furry' mould, more like a black spot. I scraped it off and put in on some bread. Hope aren't high for this one.

Mum just found some grey mould on the butter, which I've also extracted and put on a slice of bread.

Not only that. I've got a small amount of pho noodles in its own plastic bag, with those three aforementioned bags, on that shelf.

Stupid how I encounter this problem, really. I can't the mould I wanted! In fact, I haven't witnessed the visible expansion of any mould colonies yet. Mould needs food, oxygen, darkness and moisture. I've given all the trials bread, holes in their bags, a high pantry shelf. Maybe I'd better start watering them and sprinkling sugar over them too or something.

NB. Will upload photo as soon as the SD card gets sorted out. Apparently the computer can't read a 32 gig card...or something...

I think I'm beyond caring about this SRP.

...

Yeah. I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment