Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A New Hope

At the risk of sounding as if I seriously misjudged the date of Star Wars Day, I have a new hope.

Bugger the tomato and butter mould. The blue cheese mould has...sort of paled? I can't tell if it actually grew or not, maybe by a millimetre.

But THANK YOU gran, for going overseas and leaving your wholemeal bread in teh fridge where no one could see it... There's a mould zoo on that thing.


The mould I was looking for.


Strange fluff between the slices.


My working station. I've adopted the method of blue cheesemakers; I'm taking a pinch of mould and pressing it into a depression/hole on the bread.

Now grow, my precious, GROW!

As soon as I have a nice colony (thus proving that mould can be transplanted) I'll start my Experiment. Also, thank you gran for leaving behind an empty unit complete with fridge and freezer and pantry.

1 comment:

  1. hey i read somewhere that to make mold grow faster you can get a cotton swab and swab some dust and wipe it on a slice of bread then add some droplets of water and mold should grow within 2 days ;)

    ReplyDelete